Optional pre- and post-conference workshops are being offered to provide small-group interaction with scientists and model developers around key fire behaviour and fire ecology topics. Workshops can be selected during conference registration.
WFC2016 workshops –
- are each limited to 40 participants
- are offered to WFC2016 attendees
- cost $25 each in addition to registration costs
- will be offered only once
- will be held on Monday, 24 October and Friday 28 October (different workshops on different days)
The workshop selection is still being finalized, and additional information will be sent out to workshop registrants prior to the conference. At the present time, the following workshops are being offered:
Monday, 24 October:
Friday, 28 October:
- National Smoke Forum 2016 (full day separate event; see National Smoke Forum)
- **NEW** For those looking for something a little less technical, the Okanagan is famous for its vineyards, and wine tours are a fantastic way to experience the area. Although we couldn’t quite justify a wine tour as part of the program, you may want to try to squeeze in a tour before you leave the valley. The good people at Wicked Wine Tours have some availability on Friday October 28, and offer excellent value 3 hour tours: link (select desired booking date – Friday, Oct. 28, or whichever date you prefer).