Vendor sponsors represent a very important part of our conference, and without them, we could not make this event a reality. Some of our vendors are new this year, while others are faithful returnees from previous Wildland Fire Canada conferences. Where would we be without them?
The vendor booths will be impossible to miss at our Delta Hotel venue, situated in the Grand Foyer and Monashee Foyer; the twice-daily coffee breaks are dedicated vendor interaction time. Our vendors lead the way in fire management innovation, product commitment and customer service. Some vendors will be making short presentations and slide shows during meal times, while others will be demonstrating their wares during the conference field trip.
Check out what they offer:
- Campbell Scientific is a leading designer and manufacturer of dataloggers, data acquisition systems, and measurement and control products used worldwide in a variety of applications related to weather, water, energy, structures, machines, and soils. We specialize in rugged, low-power systems for long-term, stand-alone monitoring and control.
- Selkirk Systems develops and maintains a multitude of wildfire and aviation management solutions, designed to provide emergency responders with the most accurate and up to date information available.
- Vallfirest offers its customers a wide range of products which offer maximum safety to those who dedicate their lives to extinction and prevention of forest fires. We work independently and make a major contribution to I+D in order to improve the tools for fighting forest fires, as well as to develop a better and more efficient technology.
- Firefox Fire Solutions Inc. is a full service dealer and distributor for many prominent equipment and clothing manufacturers. Many of our product lines are cutting edge and are leading the way in the industry through innovation and advanced technologies.
- Waterax is trusted by wildland firefighters around the world, and sets the industry standard by developing innovative, portable fire pumps and water-handling equipment designed to withstand demanding applications and rugged environments. With a time-tested legacy of reliability, WATERAX carries on its mission to place powerful, precision engineered pumps into the hands of the men and women who protect our lives and property.
- MAG Canada (a Momentum Aerospace Group Company) is a specialty aviation services company that provides aircraft logistics for goods and crews to both government and commercial customers.
- Envirovision Solutions (EVS) fields a wildfire detection vision system called ForestWatch, which combines camera systems with computer software to determine the onset of a wildfire, map the fire line, and provide fire imagery with associated GIS information to help fire agencies deal with wildland blazes.
- FTS (Forest Technology Systems) is the world leader in environmental monitoring solutions for fire weather (weather as it applies to predicting, preventing and managing wildfires). FTS stations are used by 100% of the top 50 government forest management agencies in every corner of the United States and Canada.
- Hummingbird Drones (Hummingbird) provides infrared scanning, visible mapping and real-time information services for wildfire agencies, emergency responders and the natural resource sector. Based in Kamloops BC, Hummingbird specializes in real-time data acquisition and post-processing services.
- A.S. Roach Fire Services offers a wide range of services to the fire fighting industry with consulting services and equipment sales and rentals.
- Mercedes Textiles Limited provides premium fluid delivery systems worldwide, backed by over 35 years of manufacturing and firefighting innovation. These include municipal, forestry, industrial and cabinet, fire hoses and fire pumps, snowmaking and high water hoses and firefighting supplies.
- Conair Aerial Firefighting is Canada’s most experienced specialty aircraft operations provider, delivering a comprehensive range of aerial fire control products and services to a variety of national and international customers and partners. Our long-standing reputation for providing service excellence makes us an industry leader.
- Ember Research Services provides forest fire management services to a wide range of government and private-industry clients. Services include fire growth modelling, wildfire origin and cause investigations, fire risk analysis and system development, decision support systems, fire behaviour reviews, and fire expert reports and testimony.
There are now less than 3 weeks left before the start of Wildland Fire Canada 2016. If you haven’t registered yet, what are you waiting for? It’s not too late – visit the registration page and make it happen: WFC2016 registration.
Last but not least, some of you have been asking when the detailed schedule will be released. Fear not – we are working hard on the scheduling, and those of you who have accepted abstracts will be receiving notice very soon of the timing of your presentations. We ask for your patience for another week as we finalize the very full agenda.
In the meantime, check out our full list of guest speakers, now posted to the website: http://www.wildlandfire2016.ca/speakers/.
Their presentations will be part of the schedule, soon to be posted under the Program section.